Reopening of the consular services
The Consular Office of the Embassy of Hungary in Sofia has resumed it’s consular services with the following limitations and restrictions:
Please be advised, that for Hungarian citizens (apart from a few cases), the majority of the services are already available.
Please note, that complying with the following rules is obligatory:
- No walk in visits will be honored. Prior appointment required;
- Wearing your protective mask is obligatory at all times;
- Usage of hand sanitizer upon entry (found in consular waiting room);
- Fully pre-filled application form (filling of forms is not allowed on the spot);
- Fully prepared documentation;
- Only one client (or family) at a time can enter the building.
The entry of applicants not meeting the above requirements will be denied.
Visa applications can only be submitted in the following cases:
- freight transport (with restrictions);
- priority national economic interest;
- crisis management tasks, health emergency response and the provision of essential services (eg. doctors, researchers);
- special circumstances/cases (death, family sickness, other vis maior cases) that require pre-qualification and approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- requests for entry for transit purposes in Hungary;
- applications submitted by an EEA citizen’s family member;
- residence permit applications (D-visa)
Please call to get more information on the above mentioned visa categories.
All appointments have to be secured by email, at anytime at: email@example.com
or by phone +359 2 963 1135